We are talking about Bobby, the 70s super hit that made teenagers across India fall madly in love - Directed by Raj Kapoor and starring Rishi Kapoor and Dimple Kapadia, it had all the perfect ingredients to make it the evergreen movie that it is now. Join us as we talk about the iconic fashion, the amazing chemistry between the lead pair and of course the meet-cute that took inspiration from Raj Kapoor's real life.
You can listen and subscribe to our podcast on iTunes / Stitcher / TuneIn or on YouTube.
You can also listen to this episode right here on this player below.
Podcast Episode Summary:
• Find out why Rishi Kapoor makes the perfect "Chandu" and find out what exactly is Chandu
• We discuss body image in the 70s and Bollywood in general
• The perfect casting of Dimple Kapadia and Rishi Kapoor
• We talk about christian are portrayed in Hindi cinema and how Raj Kapoor has done a good job of portraying them in the movie
• We also have an interesting recasting choice
"It was child marriage. She was only 19" -Tanvi
"This movie is always on any Top 100 Hindi movies to watch list"-Flo
"You don't have to pay your own son. So, let's just cast him" - Tanvi
Find us on Instagram